To start forming the structure of folder shortcuts, you have to activate the configuration window.
You can do that by right-clicking on the PS Hot Folders icon in the system tray
and choosing the Configure... item in the
There are two ways to configure the program:
1) Just drag the elements that you want from Windows Explorer, Start menu, Quick/True Launch bar, Desktop, etc.
(from anything that supports drag&drop) to the configuration window.
2) Use the internal tools of PS Hot Folders, that is the respective buttons and menu items.
The first way is clear, so we will consider the second more closely.
So, you can add elements of four kinds, namely: groups, separators and links to folders.
Use the drop-down-menu button at the left-hand part in the toolbar (see Fig. 2):
Now in detail:
- to add a link to a folder, click the Add Folder button
, find the folder that you
need in the window that will appear and press the "OK" button,
- to add a group, click the arrow of the Add Folder button
, choose the Add Group item from
the drop-down menu,
- to add a separator, click the arrow of the Add Folder button
, choose the Add Separator item
from the drop-down menu,
After you add the right element you can configure it more specifically (see Fig. 3.1), that is
- specify the name of the element in the Display Name field,
- assign a hot key to the element. If the assigning has been successful, you will see your key combination on the right
of the element highlighted green in the tree, otherwise (conflict) highlighted red,
- edit the path to the folder in the Path field or using the Select Folder button
Moving and Copying Of Elements
To quickly and handy move around elements, you can go one of the three ways:
After you add all the elements that you want, you can arrange them by simply dragging to any position or group.
- classic "drag&drop" which needs no further explanations;
- use the Move Up and Move Down buttons in the tool bar;
- use the Cut, Copy and Paste buttons.
Note. If you want to move an element in front of a group rather than to the group,
hold down the <Shift> key.
The Move Up and Move Down
buttons let you move the selected
item a position up or down respectively.
The Cut button will help you to move an
item to a new position. To do it, just select the item and press the Cut button, then select the item before which
you want to insert the first item and press the Paste button. Note: if you select a group before pasting, the item
will be put there.
The Copy button lets you make a copy of
a selected item. Then you can move the item that you copied to a new position. The Paste operation in this case is
similar to that in the Cut operation.
The Paste button lets you insert an
element that was copied or cut. See the description of the Cut and Copy buttons.
Changing the Element Icon
You can assign any icon to any element. To do it, click on the icon change button (see fig. 4).
The standard Change Icon dialog will pop up, and you can choose any icon you like.
Back-up and restore settings
After you complete configuring, we recommend that you back it up so that you can restore your settings
later if needed. You can back up if you select the Save Settings item in the File menu, specify the name for your back-up
file in the Save As dialog that will follow and press OK.
To restore your settings, choose the Restore Settings... item from the File menu. An Open dialog will
appear. Find your back-up file there and press OK.
Now that all the elements have been added and arranged, you can minimize the Configuration window and
get down to the program. Clicking the special button in the dialog header or left clicking on the program icon in the
system tray will call the menu. You can use the menu to open your favorites folders.
You can change other options if you click the Options button